Sunday, April 10, 2016

Reflection on Production Phase

Hey all!  Here are my thoughts on the production process, since I know you're all DYING to know ;)

Audience Questions
  1. What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
    • Well, I was able to get a pretty detailed script up and running, which was great!  I'm looking forward to the peer reviews on those sections, so that I can be even more confident when I begin recording myself and piecing it together with the audio clips.
    • I was able to find quite a few sources that give me reliable evidence.  I was able to get a good variety of national and local news too, which I believe will help strengthen my point more.
     
  2. What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
    • My greatest challenges right now are finding out how to take audio off of some of these local new videos.  I need to do some more research on how to do this.
    • Just looking ahead, I'm wondering how I will be able to fluidly integrate the audio clips in with my speaking.  I want it to be as cohesive as possible.
     
  3. How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?
    • I think that next week will be OK.  I have a little more time I believe, so I will be able to try to figure out all of this technology stuff.  History in this class shows us that I am particularly bad at this.  
    • I think I have a pretty good base to go off of though.
     
  4. How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?
    • I'm pretty nervous about the project.  I think this is even going to be harder than the video essay because I'm going to have to try to create a setting with just my voice and background noise/music.  
    • Technology like this just makes me nervous too.  So much stuff can go wrong.   
    • In terms of preparation though, I feel pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment