Sunday, April 17, 2016

Editorial Report 12a

Below I will talk about some of the differences between the two drafts I have created.  I would like everyone to know, that even though my new draft is better, it is by no means where it will be in the end.

  1. How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?
    • In terms of content, I decided to add more of a narrative at the beginning of the piece.  It talks about what it might feel like to experience an earthquake.  I think this helps communication because it gives the audience more of an up-close and personal feeling that they might find in an earthquake.  Other than that, the content did not really change that much.
     
  2. How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?
    • A huge difference is that this is actually recorded audio.  Before I had just included a script.  I have also toyed with layering background noise to the beginning instead of just having a "stinger".  At this part I am describing what is happening in a potential earthquake, so I believe this is effective in helping set the scene for the listener. I did include a stinger as well, sort of let the audience think about what I will be talking about.
     
 Here is the link to my project so far.  Please listen from the beginning of the podcast to 1:08.

No comments:

Post a Comment