Sunday, April 10, 2016

Peer Review for Emily Sutton

I peer reviewed Emily Sutton in our 12:30 pm class.


  • The name of the title and author for the project you reviewed (1 point)
    • Production Report 11b.  Emily Sutton

  • A working hyperlink to the project you reviewed (1 point)
    • Here is the link to the blog post with comment.

  • An explanation of the peer review activity you selected for the project you reviewed (1 point)
    •  I chose to do the content section.  I basically just looked at what she wrote, made suggestions on what she could add, told her if she was detailed enough, and did a quick evaluation of her sources.

  • An explanation of how you think you helped the author with your feedback (in other words, how did you help them make their work better?) (5 points)
    • I think I helped her by mentioning that she should add more of her own voice and opinion rather than just focus on the raw facts.  That way it becomes more of an argument, rather than just a presentation of facts like the first project we did.

  • An explanation of how you incorporated something from the suggested Student’s Guide readings (or any other course materials, if you’d prefer) into your feedback (5 points)
    • We usually talk about voice in class and how you need your own particular voice in whatever you write in order to engage the audience.  In this case, it is pertinent  that voice, and in particular opinion, be present in order to match the kind of project we are doing.

  • One thing about their work that you admired or think you could learn from (5 points)
    • It personally made me think about how much opinion I am actually putting into my project in comparison to the amount of factual information that I have.   It also made me think even more about how i will incorporate my own citations into my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment