Sunday, April 17, 2016

Peer Review 12b

In this blog post I will peer review someone who is outside of my class.

  • The name of the title and author for the project you reviewed (1 point)
    • I reviewed Erin Mcabe.  Her Video is titled just "Project 3 Rough Draft"
     
  • A working hyperlink to the project you reviewed (1 point)
    • Here is a link to the video. 

  • An explanation of the peer review activity you selected for the project you reviewed (1 point) 
    • I chose to analyze form.  Here I looked at the conventions of a video essay and decided which ones she did well, and which she needed to improve upon.
     
  • An explanation of how you think you helped the author with your feedback (in other words, how did you help them make their work better?) (5 points)
    • I think I helped her by suggesting things that would make certain clips more cohesive with the rest of her video.    For instance, I talked about variance in her voice and adding an image with a clip of audio she presented.

  • An explanation of how you incorporated something from the suggested Student’s Guide readings (or any other course materials, if you’d prefer) into your feedback (5 points)
    • I talked about variance in the voice in order to captivate listeners.  Luckily her video has a lot of outside audio as well.  But an engaging voice can really improve a video essay.
     
  • One thing about their work that you admired or think you could learn from (5 points)
    • She presented all of her video and audio in a very compelling way.  She gave very good background on Sea World and then began showing very saddening clips of whales.   I felt that that kind of made an impact: to see something so bright and cheery and then something very heartbreaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment