Sunday, April 17, 2016

Peer Review 12a

Here is my first review post...

  • The name of the title and author for the project you reviewed (1 point)
    • I reviewed Julia Davenport's podcast "Homelessness Halfway Done"
     
  • A working hyperlink to the project you reviewed (1 point)
    • Here is the hyperlink. 

  • An explanation of the peer review activity you selected for the project you reviewed (1 point)
    • I chose to analyze form.  Here i talked about which genre conventions she did well, and others that she could apply to improve her project.
     
  • An explanation of how you think you helped the author with your feedback (in other words, how did you help them make their work better?) (5 points)
    • I think I helped her clear up a couple things that will make her readers better understand what she is saying.  One was a tech issue, but the other was the volume of background music (I couldn't hear her voice).  I also suggested that she repeat her solution at both the beginning and end in order to reinforce her stance.
     
  • An explanation of how you incorporated something from the suggested Student’s Guide readings (or any other course materials, if you’d prefer) into your feedback (5 points)
    • When listening to the genre examples,  I noticed that they were very clear with their points and often repeated them multiple times (in one way or another).  I also noticed how they effectively used background music to enhance their podcast.

  • One thing about their work that you admired or think you could learn from (5 points)
    • I admired that she had a very even voice, and talked slowly.  That is something that I am constantly working on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment