Friday, February 12, 2016

Peer Review 2



After reading the review of my QRG draft, as well the drafts of James Fusaro (rubric) and Ben Macklin (rubric) I have an idea of what I want to improve on in my final draft.  Here is my game plan.

1) Quite honestly, I learned how much organization and cleanliness of formatting paragraphs and pictures can alter a readers interest in the story.  Both the essay and the QRG I read showed me this. One was very organized and captured my attention immediately and the other one, while still informational, just didn't hold my attention that much.

2)  My top three objectives for the editing process are condensing my information into smaller paragraphs in order to keep reader interest.  At the advice of one of my reviewers, I am going to adjust my subtitles.  This means possibly using a larger font or perhaps centering them, if possible.  I also want to try to incorporate more images into my QRG and get my quotes and hyperlinks to flow easily into my sentences.  This is going to take some rearranging within the paragraphs, but shouldn't be too difficult.

3)  I think I have a very solid base in terms of information collected.  This will aid me in whatever I decide to do with my QRG.  Right now, I just need to organize this information within the paragraphs better.  They are a little too jumbled.  I think I have also inserted quite a bit of my own voice into the project.  I tried to keep it a little lighter, as this tends to be my personality.  I also believe that I have represented each side pretty darn well.  Perhaps I can bring my third stakeholder (the audience) in a little more.  I'm not sure if I like their views peppered throughout the paper or not.
Renee "Little Man Crazy Face" 01/12/2006 flickr.  Public Domain

No comments:

Post a Comment