Thursday, May 5, 2016

Open Post to Peer Reviewers

Hey all!  Included in the following is my rough draft of the final project.  I'd love any constructive feedback that you would have to give! :)

HERE IS THE ROUGH DRAFT

  • Key information about your particular project that you would like anyone who peer reviews your draft to know.
    • I am aware of the lack of citations.  However, i am discussing things such as my personal growth and writing process throughout the course, so there isn't really any formal documents to cite.  I think I will be citing the project 1 rubric and squeezing in a blog post citation.
    • There is not a works cited page yet, so don't get your panties in a wad over that yet.
     
  • Major issues or weaknesses in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those weaknesses).
    • I am concerned that I might not be as concise as I could be.  However at the same time, I am trying to stay at around 4 pages.
    • Some thoughts still seem a little jumbled, so I might rearrange them.  
    • I might be able to expand on certain ideas and situations more.
     
  • Major virtues or strengths in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those strengths).
    • Aside from the lack of citations at the moment, I think I stick to the form pretty well.
    • I have a killer heading. ;)
    • I think I'm informal enough to make it sound reflective, without breaking the rules too much for the overall tone.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michaela!

    I think you did a great job, and it was really great peer reviewing you one last time. I think you did a really great job at creating a natural flow to your paper, all of your ideas just naturally shifted from one to the next and I think that is a really strong point in your paper. I would consider changing the wording of a few of your sentences to try and strike a different tone, it would definitely help add to your credibility. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michaela,

    Your essay seems to really encompass the content requirements for project 4. You definitely have an organized essay that flows nicely and addresses all the necessary points. I have a couple of suggestions about your form. Some of your paragraphs are pretty long so you might consider breaking them up. Also make sure you indent every paragraph so you're following the conventions of a standard college essay. Good work so far and good luck with finals!

    -Avalon

    ReplyDelete