Sunday, March 20, 2016

Reflection on the Rough Draft Process

Here I will further reflect on how the rough draft process went for me.

Audience Questions
  1. What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

    • Things that went right this week were mostly that I figured out how to copy and past stuff out of all the raw material and onto a "rough draft product." 
    • Another small success was figuring out how to use voice over and tamper with the speed of an image or the film.  I haven't figured out how to do anything much more advanced than that yet.
    • Mostly I have not felt that successful in this rough draft process, so I really don't have much to say for this question.
     
  2. What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
    • My biggest problem has been attempting to upload the rough draft so that I can show specific sections of it.  Evidence?  Well, we'll see if it actually makes it on to the blog posts.
    • Another challenge has been trying to find images to essentially  be "time fillers" while I record voice over.  I've been trying to play with the speed of images to buy me time, but I'm not really liking that.
    • I'm still trying to figure out how to balance the amount of interview time, with the "me talking and explain time", as well as the overall time of the video essay. (Right now it's 25 min and I don't even have everything on yet. Great....)
     
  3. How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?
    • Next week is going to be so rough.  Almost as rough as my draft is currently.
     
  4. How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?
    • I'm trying to stay positive about this project, and am trying to think of it as a learning experience, but I'm really NOT feeling good about it.  It doesn't help that everyone is just telling me that iMovie is easy, when for me it is not.  Also, almost everyone has been putting off the video essay, so I feel pretty alone being the only person who is doing one this week.  I can ask for help from two others, but they have projects to do themselves, so I feel bad taking away their time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment