Sunday, March 27, 2016

Editorial Report

In this post I will begin to discuss my time editing this project. 
**NOTE: I will not be able to submit an edited section, so I will just try my hardest to explain what I have been working on, and how sections have evolved.

Audience Questions
  1. How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?

    • I was originally just going to show miming gestures while my interviewee was explaining miming motions; however, this began to be far to complicated to follow as the motions would be cut short and the visuals became rather choppy.  I decided in the end to take a famous miming scene and narrate over it what the dancers were saying in mime form.  You also see a whole section of miming, which is more common than just a single gesture.


  2. How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?

    • Due to time constrains, I have also cut my section of choreography down to just mime.  This way I kept the length of the movie to a more appropriate length, and focused on a more particular genre. I felt like trying to tackle all of choreography in great detail, in addition to in depth information on resumes and Laban notation, would just be too long. 
    • I've also situated it so that often times music from one clip bleeds into the next clip in order to offer a smooth transition into the next portion. 

Author Response
Make a short selection from the “Rough Cut” of your project. If it’s text-based, limit the selection to a page or less of content. It it’s audio or video-based, limit the selection to two minutes or less. Create a working hyperlink to the selection, or copy ‘n paste it into the blog post (whatever works best for you).

***Seeing how iMovie is not willing to cooperate with me for this, I will not be posting a clip of my edited sections.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment