Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Reflection on the Project 2 Pre-Production


It’s time to now reflect on this week’s (two week’s ?) pre-production process. 

1.     What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
·      In terms of success, I have learned (somewhat) how to use iMovie, since I am creating a video essay.  Before, have avoided ever doing this for obvious reasons (my lack of technology knowledge). 
·      I was also able to get two interviews completed in a fairly timely manner, as I was able to get them recorded by the beginning of last week. 
·      I also learned how to use voice over.  This is a huge triumph for me guys.

2.     What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
·      Well, after my first interview my iMovie decided to crash and hide my recently recorded footage away in some remote place.  Little to say, I was a confused and greatly upset mess.  Luckily campus IT was my savior and found it stashed away in the depths of iMovie. 
·      It has been difficult trying to apply some of these concepts to genres that have no explicit textual or verbal communication (in my case dance choreography).

3.     How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?
·      In all honesty this week’s production is looking crazy.  There are so many assignments and midterms that are occurring before spring break, and I’m having a hard time finding time to shoot footage and record voice over in quiet places.  I’m planning to spend a lot of time on the rough draft on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I feel as though I have a lot of the information already gathered though and am pretty familiar with most of the genres, so I think actually generating the content into audio/video form shouldn’t be too hard.  On the other hand, I am still not as good at iMovie as I’d like to be, so the assembly portion might be rather difficult.

4.     How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?
·      I’m pretty nervous.  Making a good video freaks me out a little.  I could just slap some audio and film together, but I want to make it look as good as possible with the time I have.  The content also just seems to be strange thing to report, so that mixed with the unfamiliar video essay genre is enough for me to be anxious about this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment