Sunday, March 27, 2016

Reflection on Post-Production

Here I will reflect a little on my time in Project 2's post-production phase.

Audience Questions
  1. What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

    • I finally figured out that iMovie was not going to let my movie export, so I stopped worrying about that and just focused on the project.
    • I was able to figure out how to better time my recorded audio with my visual elements.  This way the audience is able to connect what they're hearing and what they're seeing better.  For example, in one part i talk about a mistake in the dancing and someone in the film makes a noticeable mistake.

  2. What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

    • There weren't a ton of things that went wrong.  The only major one was that I found out I was not going to be able to export my iMovie, unless I made it all again.  And that was not going to happen!
    • Other speedbumps included, trying to make precise cuts to both the audio and visuals in order for them to run smoothly with clean entrances and exits.
     
  3. How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?
     
    •  Well, this is the last week of the project and I'm not going to be doing a video essay ever again for this class (yipee!), so I expect my experience for next week to be a whole lot better!

  4. How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?

    • I'm not sure how I feel about the project.  I feel like I was doing way more on the formatting than I was on the content (partly because I gathered the information more quickly), I'm not sure what that means other than making a video essay has been pretty difficult for me.  I feel as though my examples are good though and that I have a good amount of information on each topic.  Since I videoed my interviews, it is also nice because I don't have to explain as much.  I use them for a lot of the talking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment